Pray Attend Faire Revelers,
The date for2016 has been set!
Come join us May 14th &15th
Check for Schedule Updates soon.
Hosted by: McMenamins Grand Lodge
Free and open to the Public!
Saturday 10 am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm
(maybe longer if weather allows)
Step back in time for a day of revels at the Faire In The Grove! Join McMenamins Grand Lodge, and The Barony of Dragon's mist, Medieval Re-enactors, Armored Fighters & History Buffs, who invite you to experience the Middle Ages and the Renaissance!
Hosted on the vast front lawn of the Grand Lodge, come and be transported back to Fairegrove, a medieval village. Enjoy seeing and learning some of the history behind life in the middle ages and beyond into the Renaissance.
Enjoy live heavy armored combat, rapier, dance, music, story telling, merchants, merchants, merchants, juggling, medieval cooking, and textile demos, book binding, leather working, strolling musicians, singers and dancers throughout the day.
The public is invited to participate with The Barony of Draon's mist, history buffs, students of medieval studies and guests of McMenamins Grand Lodge and join us for fun and interesting events, entertainments and displays at this Demo for the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Rapier demonstrations & classes in "The Noble Art of Defense" held by Academia Duellatoria.Examples of public Medieval Demonstrations & Displays:
- Fighting Tournaments - Heavy armored & Rapier styles
- Royal Court
- Wood Carving with period lathes and tools
- Weaving - Card, Tablet, Loom? Which did they use?
- Period Gaming like Medieval Chess and more! Come and try your hand.
- Archery Displays
- Lampwork Glass Beads
- Viking Jewelry
- Blackwork Embroidery
- Mary Rose Ship - The Mary Rose was a warship of the English Tudor navy of King Henry VIII
- Period Cooking demonstrations over the Fire
- Period Costumes
- Scribal Arts
- Woodblock prints
- Chain Making
- Black Smithing
- And Many More!
- Lawn Games
- Norse Hat Making
- Banner Making
- Belt Favor Making
- Brass Amulet Making
- Norse Rune Necklace Making
- Wax Seal Making
- Take Home Your Name in Calligraphy
- We've enjoyed Entertainers & Performers like these: Ollamh Conchobar Clarsair is an Irish musician and artist. He composes and plays many period harp pieces.The Sherwood Renaissance Singers A group of 18 singers, that regularly perform at renaissance faires and other venues throughout Oregon and Washington.Karisilama! Performing traditional Middle Eastern and Celtic music with their own creative interpretation using both traditional & non-traditional instruments.Dame Giuliana Benevoli - Storyteller
Storytellers that love the stories of prodigies and wonders found in the English medieval histories and chronicles. Bringing these tales to the public is one way of sharing the richness of the heritage of the Middle Ages.
Strolling Musicians & Singers assorted vocals & musicians groups who's repertoire includes, medieval to renaissance selections and songs.
Loves collecting and telling tales from far and near. She's been weaving stories since the age of 12 delighting classmates and maintains that love affair with the spoken word to this day. She works with other like-minded tellers in the Portland Storytellers Guild.
Jugglers & General Guffaw Generators - Several silly ninnies will make you laugh and keep you entertained.